My husband and I been using solid shampoo bars for more then 3 years now, I couldnt find one for my little Adam, so i stuck with Weleda kids shampoo.
Thank you internet, I could find an easy peasy lemon squeezie receipe, that i have been using for 2 months now.
I have modified the original reciepe and added instead of lemon essential oil, an anti-lice (anti-poux) mixed you can find here.
- 200g. Melt & Pour Soap Base
- 1/2 tbsp. Shea Butter*,*You can also sub for coconut oil here
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sweet Almond Oil
- Optional: 20 Drops Anti-poux mix
1) Chop your soap base into 1×1 cubes, then melt these in a double boiler over low heat. Be sure that it doesn’t boil or become frothy. 2) Once the soap base has melted, add shea butter into the pot. Mix until it’s melted. 3) Remove from heat, then add the olive oil, sweet almond oil & essential oils mix. Mix until combined. 4) Pour the mixture into your silicone molds. (Optional: Spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of air bubbles) Then let air dry for 2-3 hours.
You can reuse an old jar or bottle cup to hold the shampoo when shower, and put it over when you have finished to let the shampoo dry 🙂